~ Join the DC Time Bank HERE ~
~ Already a member? Sign in HERE ~
*The DC Time Bank has 361 members*
If you're interested in helping the DC Time Bank grow, email firstname.lastname@example.org. View all current offers and requests
Join us on Twitter
Current offers: Car rides; Italian, Swahili, Spanish, Chinese, Jamaican patois, German and French lessons; babysitting; oboe and bass guitar lessons; website help and computer assistance; dog walking and cat sitting; tutoring; juggling lessons; cooking lessons; financial planning services, and more.
Current requests: Help with a local cafe's social media; help installing shelving; volunteering at events; harmonica lessons; painting a window frame; bike training; help installing drywall, and more.
Talents being offered by DC Time Bank members:
Why a Time Bank in DC?Especially during times of economic hardship, it's important that we come together to create a new economy in DC -- one that values each of our unique contributions to the community.
New to the concept? A Time Bank creates a currency that values the Core Economy: the economy of home, family, neighborhood and community.
If you're unfamiliar with the Time Banking concept, read more on on the About Time Banking
What You Can Do
There's a lot to do, and we invite you to get as involved as you'd like. Here are some ideas:
- Join the DC Time Bank here and be an active DC Time Bank member.
- Serve as a Time Bank Ambassador in your neighborhood.
- Put up a few posters in your apartment building, local coffee shop, or around your neighborhood
- Make an announcement at your Advisory Neighborhood Commission or neighborhood meetings
- Recruit organizations and businesses to join the DC Time Bank (theaters, nonprofit service providers, yoga studios, etc
- Serve as one of the following positions:
- Signs up new members (after being
trained by TB staff) answers questions, lets Kitchen Cabinet know where and
when to meet.
- Helps connect members with others who
can meet their needs or use their assets. This more often pertains to offline
members but members with computer access sometimes need help finding the right
Planner - Plans local outreach events
- On a city-wide level:
- Help with the design and creation of DC Time Bank documents
- Pursue relationships with organizations
- Train neighborhood coordinators and matchmakers
Email email@example.com with questions and expressions of interest!